New Horizons Charter Academy offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.75 and lunch costs $3.50.
Your child may qualify for reduced price meals, which cost $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch, or for free meals. The qualifications for reduced price or free meals are as follows:
- Children in households receiving benefits from CalFresh, FDPIR, or CalWORKs
- Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court
- Children participating in the Head Start program
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant
- Children who come from a household with an income that is at or below the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines (refer to this chart [PDF])
If your child qualifies for reduced price or free meals, please fill out the application (PDF) and submit it the school office.
Click here to see this month’s and next month’s regular and vegetarian menus.
Meal Program Compliance
- Public Media Release/Non-Discrimination Statement
- 2016 Summer Meal Sites: Los Angeles County
- Notice of Request for Proposals
- Unpaid Meal Policy