Thank you for your interest in New Horizons Charter Academy!
NHCA is part of the public school system, under the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles Unified School District, and therefore admits all pupils who wish to attend, space permitting. Admission is not determined by the place of residence of the pupil or of his or her parents, except in the case of a public random drawing (see below for details). Please note that all children entering Kindergarten must reach the age of five on or before September 1 of the school year for which they are applying.
Applications will be accepted during an open application period each year for enrollment in the following school year. The application period is currently open for 2017-18.
How to Enroll
- Download, print and complete the Enrollment Application Form (PDF).
- Mail the form to New Horizons Charter Academy, 5955 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601 OR drop it off at that address on a school day between 7:30am and 4pm OR fax it to (818) 769-2346.
Following the open enrollment period each year, applications are counted to determine whether any grade level has received more applications than availability. In the event that this happens, New Horizons Charter Academy will hold a public random drawing to determine admission for the impacted grade level, with the exception of existing students who are guaranteed admission in the following school year.
Public Random Lottery
NHCA will conduct the lottery in the spring for enrollment in fall of that year. Parents of all lottery applicants and all interested parties will be notified by mail or email of the location, date, and time of the lottery at least two weeks prior to the lottery date. This information will also be posted online. The lottery will occur at the school and will be conducted publicly, which will ensure that lottery procedures are fairly executed. You do not need to be present at the lottery to receive your spot for enrollment.
Admission preferences in the case of a public random drawing will be given to the following students in the following order:
- All students currently enrolled at NHCA.
- Siblings of enrolled students.
- Children of NHCA teachers and staff, not to exceed 10% of total enrollment.
- Residents of the District, who will be given a 2:1 weighting factor, or as otherwise agreed upon with the District.
- All other applicants.
By mid-March, all enrollment applicants will receive written notification indicating their enrollment status. Students who obtain a spot via the drawing will receive an enrollment packet and will be asked to return their enrollments forms by a specified deadline in order to secure enrollment at NHCA. All other families will receive information about our waiting list.
The waiting list will allow students the option of enrollment in the case of an opening during the current school year. In no circumstance will a waiting list carry over to the following school year. NHCA will contact the families of students promoted off the waiting list by phone, email, and mail, and families will have three school days to respond.
¡Gracias por su interés en New Horizons Charter Academy!
Para que su hijo pueda participar en la lotería de New Horizons Charter Academy, es necesario que llene la Solicitud de Inscripción. Por favor observe que todos los niños que entran en kindergarten deben alcanzar la edad de cinco años antes del 1 de Septiembre del año escolar en curso.
- Descargue, imprima y complete nuestra Solicitud de Inscripción (PDF).
- Envíe el formulario a nuestra dirección de correo: New Horizons Charter Academy, 5955 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601 o entregue una solicitud de inscripción durante el horario de oficina (7:30am-4pm) de lunes a viernes o envíe su solicitud de inscripción por fax al (818) 769-2346.
Lotería Pública Aleatoria
La lotería de NHCA estará abierta al público que desea asistir. Usted no necesita estar presente para asegurar su espacio para su inscripción.
A mediados de marzo, todos los solicitantes recibirán una notificación escrita por correo indicando el estado de su inscripción. Los estudiantes que reciban un espacio por medio de la lotería recibirán un paquete de inscripción que deberán regresar en una fecha determinada para asegurar el espacio del mismo a NHCA. Las demás familias recibirán información sobre nuestra lista de espera