Board of Directors 2016-2017
Stuart Cano, Chair
Dr. Mario Castaneda
Dr. Christina Duran
- Independent Study Policy
- Retention Policy
- Communication Policy
- Visitation and Volunteer Policy
- Attendance Policy
- General Accounting Policies and Procedures
Instructions for Presentations to the Board by Parents and Citizens
New Horizons Charter Academy welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors is to conduct the affairs of the school in public. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our school. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided:
- Agendas are available to all audience members at the door to the meeting.
- “Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.” “Oral Communications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action. These presentations are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern or you may be offered the option of returning with a citizen-requested item.
- You may also complete a “Request to Speak” form to address the Board on Agenda items. With regard to such agenda items, you may specify that agenda item on your “Request to Speak” form and you will be given an opportunity to speak for up to five (5) minutes when the Board discusses that item.
- When addressing the Board, speakers are requested to state their name and address from the podium and adhere to the time limits set forth.
- Any public records relating to an agenda item for an open session of the Board which are distributed to all, or a majority of all, of the Board members shall be available for public inspection at 5949 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA.
Board Agendas (PDF)
Board Minutes (PDF)